Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stepping into true Democracy...Dawn of a New Day


WOW! I am still reeling from the absolute High I experienced yesterday watching President Barack Obama being sworn in as our 44Th President of the United States. I never thought I would see in my life time a person of Color being elected as President. I am overjoyed and thrilled that I am here along with my children to witness such a historical day. Growing up our parents and teachers would tell us "work hard and one day you can even become president" REALLY? How could they expect a child of color to ever believe they could become president, when non of the previous 43 presidents looked like them. But it's a new day now and we are FINALLY able to tell our children that they too can become president and really mean it. A time many years ago when Blacks and other people of color were not allowed to be involved with any decision making and today President Barack Obama will be in charge of making the decisions for our nation. I truly feel we have come full circle....This is what TRUE Democracy looks like. Welcome Mr. President, welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment